A new traffic rule came into effect on March 15 and the article will explain the detailed guideline for traffic points deduction.
Each driver has 12 points in his driver’s license a year that can be deducted.
The following five violations will cause deduction of one point
1. drive without vehicle license and driver’s license;
2. a vehicle without annual inspection sticker;
3. a vehicle without annual insurance sticker;
4. wrong use of lights and hazard warning lights
5. a front-seat passenger not wearing a seatbelt (an additional fine of 50 yuan).
The following three violations will cause deduction of two points
1. crossing the center line and occupying the lane in the opposite direction
2. not waiting for traffic lights at designated lanes
3. overloading within 20 percent
The following 10 violations will cause deduction of three points
1. not slowing down, stopping or waiting for pedestrians to pass when the vehicle is driving close to a zebra crossing;
2. making a cellphone call when driving, (an additional fine of 100 yuan);
3. not following lines on road disallowing trespass;
4. make a turning without letting straight-going vehicles or pedestrians to pass;
5. making a turning on the right without letting left turning vehicle on the opposite lane to pass
6. not driving on the designated lane;
7. speeding within 50 percent;
8. not giving way to special vehicles;
9. overtaking without following traffic rules or driving on a lane opposite to its designated direction;
10. drive without a seatbelt (an additional fine of 100 yuan).
The following five violations will cause deduction of six points
1. driving while the driver’s license has been suspended;
2. occupy emergency lane during congestion;
3. not giving way to school bus following relevant rules (new);
4. running the red light (revised)
5. having a front-seat passenger under the age of 14 (an additional fine of 30 yuan).
The following five violations will cause deduction of 12 points
1. driving in reverse or making a U-turn on the expressway;
2. speeding over 50 percent of the limit;
3. driving under the influence of alcohol or driving while intoxicated;
4. fleeing from the scene of a traffic accident;
5. not having car plates, having fake plates, altering plates or intentionally blocking, staining or damaging the plate.
Log In |