IT'S near the end of the crab season. If you haven't gotten to the lakes for the hairy crab, you can pick up some very sweet saltwater crab at your local wet market.
We want to make a refreshing salad with a bit of Asian flavor but not too overpowering. The sweet crab meat is the star of the dish.
This recipe is easy, tasty and healthy. Anyone can make it and not mess it up. This is for one serving. Double the recipe for two plates. Happy cooking!
1 live crab
2 large cherry tomatoes
5 leaves cilantro
A few thinly sliced onion
1 tbsp good olive oil
A quarter of lemon
Couple of drops of roasted sesame oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Steam crab for 10 minutes, cool, crack the shell, pull the meat out and reserve.
2. Slice avocado down the center, twist it open and remove the pit.
3. Spoon out the avocado and slice each half into 5 strips.
4. Slice the tomatoes lengthwise into five pieces. Thinly slice the onion and finely chop the cilantro.
5. In a small bowl, toss all vegetables with olive oil, sesame oil and lemon juice. Add crab meat, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Put the claw meat on top for decoration and serve immediately.
For more, contact Stephanie & Jesse at email@example.com.
Log In |