Add:at the intersection of Faxiang Lane and Santaishan Rd
In 1085, the fourth son of Munjong of Goryeo, a monarch who ruled Korea, crossed the sea and came to Hangzhou to study Buddhism. Then he was apprenticed to Master Jingyuan and lived in what was then Huiyin Temple.
Years later, when he returned to Korea, he donated 170 scrolls of the Avatamsaka Sutra, one of the most influential Mahayana sutras of East Asian Buddhism, and 2,000 liang (100 kilograms) of silver to the temple.
Thereafter, the temple was renamed Huiyin Goryeo Temple, its huge collection of Avatamsaka Sutra scrolls attracting many believers.
However, over time the temple became a ruin. Then in 2004, it was rebuilt it in accordance with its ancient layout, featuring the Southern Song (1127-1279) style and covering 15,000 square meters.