Add:378 Fuyou Rd
Fuyou Road Mosque is located next to the famous - and very busy - Yuyuan Garden scenic spot in Huangpu District.
Constructed during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), it has been renovated and expanded three times: in 1897, 1905 and 1936. Built by local Chinese Muslims, it is also known as the North Mosque.
The first Islamic school in Shanghai's modern history, Wu Ben Primary School, was established here. It was also the home of the Shanghai Islamic Board of Directors, founded in 1909.
The doors, windows and mihrab, the niche that indicates the direction of Mecca, in Fuyou Road Mosque are in a Qing Dynasty style, unlike many mosques which show traditional Arabic style.
Fuyou Road Mosque is the smallest of the city mosques covered in this feature.