Add:55 Puhuitang Rd
This museum was converted from the north building – the only existent part – of the Tou-Se-We Orphanage, which was established during Emperor Tongzhi’s reign (1861–1875) in the Qing Dynasty (1644–1912). Located in the three-story building made of brick and wood, the orphanage was also known for its training programs in painting and crafts.
The museum was built as part of the city’s preparations for the World Expo 2010 Shanghai and opened to the public on June 12th, 2010. With an exhibition area of over 900 m2, the museum is divided into four sections featuring the memorial archways, Xujiahui area, Tou-Se-We area and exhibits demonstrating the orphanage’s far-reaching influence.
In addition to over 200 old pictures and other 400 historic relics, the museum also uses multimedia equipment to recreate the Tou-Se-We Orphanage.
Admission: 5 yuan; 3 yuan each for group( more than 5 persons).