Home > Fun > Art & Galleries > The Museum of SJTU History
The Museum of SJTU History

Add:1954 Huashan Rd

Tel:021-6293 3019

Time:Mon-Fri: 9am-11am,2pm-4:30pm

English Service Available

2014-03-04

Shanghai Jiao Tong University was established in 1896 as Nanyang Public School and adopted its current name in 1921.

The museum is located in its oldest library (built in 1919) on the Xuhui campus and opened on April 8th, 1996, the university’s 100th anniversary.

It's name was inscribed by Jiang Zemin, then President of China and a 1947 graduate of the university.The museum has three exhibition halls and one exhibition room covering over 600 m2.

It exhibits many documents, pictures, models and other historic objects relating to the university’s development and its alumni who are academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering.

Leave a comment