Add:81 Yuyuan Rd
Time:Tues-Sun, 9am-11:30am, 1pm-4:30pm
The former residence of Liu Changsheng (1903-1967) is a brick-and-wood structured garden house on Yuyuan Road open to the public. Before the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949, Liu was vice secretary-general of the Communist Party of China's Shanghai branch, which organized the city's battles against the Kuomintang. He later served as vice chairman of the All-China Federation of Trade Unions. When Liu and his wife lived in this house from 1946 to 1949, it was used for secret meetings of Party leaders during the time. The memorial has treasured a number of things - historic photos and documents, evidence of the whole fighting process of the CPC's Shanghai branch - left behind at Liu's death. All these inspire visitors to further their quest for ideological direction. It is also set up as a "Red Tour" site and educational memorial for students.