Add:261 Hankou Rd
At the corner of Sichuan Road M. and Hankou Road lies the elegant portico of the Guangdong Development Bank, formerly the old Joint Savings Society Bank (1928). It was designed by Ladislaus Hudec, known as the creator of many Art Deco masterpieces from Shanghai's past. The bank was built in 1926 and shows Hudec's signature innovative but elegant style.
Dubbed "a heritage architecture building," this is a reinforced concrete structure with an English Georgian lobby complete with a white marble desk and classic small window openings. The archway is run-down but beautiful, and it is a classic example of the historical traces of Europeans in old Shanghai.