Add:near Mudu Town，Suzhou
Lingyan Hill is 15 kilometers southwest of Suzhou, just beside Mudu Town. The hill is 182 meters tall and covers an area of 1.2 million square meters. The name Lingyan Hill originates from the Lingyan Stone in front of a nearby pagoda, therefore the hill is called Lingyan Hill and the pagoda named Lingyan Pagoda. The main scenery spots on Lingyan Hill are: Wuwang Well, Moon Pond, Flowing Flower Pond, Xishi Hole and Music Platform.
Lingyan Temple at the top of the hill was the former residency of Xi Shi, one of China’s four ancient beauties. King Fu Chai of Wu ordered the residency’s construction after Xi Shi was sent to him as a gift from defeated King Gou Jian of Yue. The residency was expanded and became Xiufeng Temple in 503 AD and was renamed Lingyan Temple during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD).
As the symbol of Lingyan Hill, Lingyan Pagoda was first erected in 503 AD. To its southwest lies the tomb of famous general Han Shizhong and his wife Liang Hongyu of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127-1279).